Welcome to the New University Copier Program (effective May 2009)
The new five-year contract with Xerox is an exclusive contract that saves the university money (an estimated $4 million over the life of the contract), while providing UNLV greater flexibility over the five-year term.
Here are some of the highlights of the new contract:
- This five-year contract offers a cost-per-copy rate with a monthly base charge.
- Copy charges will be based on actual copies made not averaged.
- Equipment selection and pricing are based on past copying history so that departments can right size their equipment with appropriate speed and options to save money.
- Equipment can be purchased, with a maintenance plan, through this contract.
- Two Xerox associates are housed on campus for immediate on-site service response.
- On-site supply and parts storage are available for immediate response.
- A customized website for ordering equipment, supplies, and service.
Invoice payments will continue to be handled by the University Copier Program office, which will bill departments monthly for their base charges and actual copies made.
Important note for departments with non-Xerox copiers: Departments with copiers leased from other copier vendors will be allowed to maintain existing leases and keep purchased equipment already in place, but when those leases expire or owned equipment needs to be replaced, departments must purchase or lease copiers through the new contract.
This new contract affects every department on campus and provides several advantages and cost savings from past copier contracts and practices. While every department has different copying needs and history, most will see a savings in their copying costs, depending on the type of equipment selected and the number of copies made each month.