Requesting a Copier
- Fill out a Copier Request/Needs Assessment form (copy attached).
- Fax Copier Request/Needs Assessment form to 895-4649.
- Xerox & UCP will make a copier recommendation with costs and notify requestor.
- Once a requesting department has selected its copier and submitted an IDR to the copier program, its request will be added to the contract on the next contract addendum.
- Amendments to the contract are processed bi-monthly. This is a lengthy process and can take 4-6 weeks for all signatures.
- Copier delivery generally takes 2-4 weeks thereafter, depending on availability.
Every effort has been made to work with departments regarding meeting department needs and copy volumes; however, changes in equipment have been made in the best interests of the university as a whole in compliance with the contract to keep costs down.
Changes in copier equipment will only be granted if it is truly justified (a specific copier function is needed or a considerable increase or decrease in copy volumes exists).
If you feel you need to upgrade or downgrade your Xerox copier, contact the UCP Supervisor, Victor Cinelli @ 895-2715.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the University Copier Program Xerox contract.
- Provide a suitable location and space for the copier that meets Xerox and university requirements.
- Provide required electrical outlets and data drops (if desired).
- Responsible for any IT charges.
- Must provide a "key operator/contact" for department copier.
- Fill own paper trays.
- Clear paper jams.
- Change toner cartridges as necessary.
- Call for service and supplies.
- Inform copier program if "key operator/contact" staff member changes.
- IMPORTANT - Be sure to notify the UCP if your department is moving or you need to move your copier to a different location, only UCP staff can move your copier.
This link will take you to the UNLV/Xerox Copier Services Web site, which will give you information about the University Copier Program, show copier equipment options, and place your copier orders. You must register first to access the site. The portal access code is YND04.
If you have a network drop in place, call the UCP Supervisor, Victor Cinelli @ 895-2715 to make arrangements to get your copier networked.
If you DO NOT have a network drop in place for your copier, call Information Technology @ x50777.
Training can be provided in your department around your schedule. Contact Victor Cinelli, UCP Supervisor, @ 895-2715 to setup a training session. Periodically, the UCP and Xerox will conduct seminars on efficient use of your digital multi-functional Xerox equipment.
- When using paper originals, be sure they are clean, unwrinkled, not torn or creased and the same size or they may jam in the document handler.
- Always store paper at room temperature and away from heating and air-conditioning ducts.
- For best results always "fan" copier paper before loading it into the paper tray. Sometimes glue from the wrapper will get on the edges of the paper and stick the sheets together. Fanning also puts air between the sheets and reduces static electricity.
- When loading the paper trays, make sure you have put the paper in straight and even - this will help reduce misfeeds and jams.
- Tape shut paper in its wrapper that is not used frequently to minimize moisture content, which can result in paper jams and poor copy quality.
- If you use an auditron code to make copies, be sure to delete your auditron code when done copying - so others cannot make copies to your budget!